The Fetal Center Follow-Up Program
At The Fetal Center, the high level of care provided is centered on the long-term health of patients. The Fetal Center’s comprehensive approach combines advanced treatment options with a coordinated plan of care for both mother and baby from prenatal diagnosis through post-delivery.
The Fetal Center Follow-Up Program is a unique component of the full range of services offered at The Fetal Center. The affiliated, multidisciplinary team includes a dedicated nurse coordinator that primarily focuses on following the baby’s plan of care before delivery and beyond the family’s discharge from the hospital. The follow-up nurse coordinator works with the mother, delivering physician, pediatrician and any specialists needed to ensure seamless coordination throughout the care process.
Benefits of The Fetal Center Follow-Up Program
For effective coordination and communication among patient care providers, the follow-up nurse coordinator is dedicated to providing the following services:
- Works with the mother, delivering physician, pediatrician and any specialists needed to ensure all care providers are aware of the specialized plan of care for both mother and baby
- Becomes familiar with all pertinent details of the mother’s pregnancy and the factors that may impact care options for the baby
- Serves as a centralized point of contact for all aspect of the baby’s care after delivery
- Takes care of scheduling any necessary pediatric subspecialty appointments for the baby, lifting the burden off of families as well as handling this process for pediatrician offices
- At the request of the patient family, assistance is provided for selecting a pediatrician for the baby if the family does not have access to a pediatrician or has not chosen one
- Ensures a continuity of care that is patient-centered before, during and after delivery
Please contact us to speak with The Fetal Center’s Follow-Up Program Coordinator or for assistance in scheduling pediatric subspecialty appointments for a patient of The Fetal Center.