The Vascular Anomalies Program at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital provides state-of-the-art evaluation and treatment for rare conditions that affect the lymphatic and blood vessels of any part of the body. The multidisciplinary team provides comprehensive care for complex congenital conditions using the latest laser technology, surgical techniques and minimally invasive radiological procedures.
Patients treated in the Vascular Anomalies Program are assisted by a coordinator who will schedule appointments with physicians as well as imaging and therapeutic procedures. Patients may be seen simultaneously by physicians in an array of specialties to optimize diagnosis and the design of a treatment plan.
Types of vascular anomalies treated include:
- Hemangiomas and other vascular tumors
- Congenital nevi
- Vascular malformations
- Capillary (port wine stains)
- Conditions such as:
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome
- Sturge-Weber syndrome
Treatments available through the Vascular Anomalies Program include:
- Sclerotherapy to shrink venous and lymphatic malformations, using advanced techniques that maximize therapeutic benefit with a low rate of side effects and complications
- Endovenous laser therapy of symptomatic superficial varicosities and extensive lymphatic and venous malformations
- Primary endovascular treatment (embolization) of arteriovenous malformations
- Vascular imaging (ultrasonography, angiography, venography, lymphatic mapping)
- Surgical and complex reconstruction for primary resection of the anomalies or secondarily after the success of sclerotherapy
- Laser therapy
Pediatric Plastic Surgery: Dr. Matthew Greives
Dermatology: Dr. Adelaide Hebert
Interventional Radiology: Dr. Rodrick Zvavanjanja
Pediatric General Surgery: Dr. Matthew Harting, Dr. Charles Cox
Pediatric Neurosurgery: Dr. Manish Shah
Pediatric Otolaryngology: Dr. Soham Roy, Dr. Sancak Yuksel
General Pediatrics: Dr. Mark J. Sanders
Pediatric Pathology: Dr. Nina Tatevian, Dr. Meenakshi Bhattcharjee
Imaging and Genetics Research: Eva Sevick, Ph.D.
Multidisciplinary Vascular Anomalies Clinic
Patients can be assessed by experts in multiple specialties including general pediatrics, plastic surgery, dermatology, radiology, pediatric surgery, otolaryngology, pathology, hematology and neurosurgery.
Clinics are held monthly on Thursday afternoons at the following location:
6410 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77030
Vascular Anomalies Clinic
Irene “Leanne” Doringo, coordinator