Labor and Delivery at The Women's Center
A Memorable and Positive Childbirth Experience
There is nothing more exciting than the birth of a baby. At Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, it’s our goal to make every childbirth experience as memorable and positive as possible. Our private, state-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms feature advanced equipment and amenities for convenience and comfort. Our caring staff is trained to care for all childbirth needs including high-risk obstetrics.
Prepared for Any Situation
A University of Texas Medical School at Houston maternal-fetal medicine specialist is on call 24/7 for fetal monitoring and ultrasound imaging. After delivery, patients enjoy our family-centered atmosphere with a rooming-in option for spending this special time with a loved one. For babies who require special care, the onsite Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital NICU is staffed with neonatologists, doctors who specialize in the care of complex newborns, and specially trained nurses.
The Best Nurses for Mom and Baby
Certified registered nurses work with some of the nation’s best doctors to ensure that every woman we serve has a memorable, positive childbirth experience. Our nurses have broad experience in high-risk, as well uncomplicated deliveries, and bring a unique level of expertise to expectant mothers and their families.
We also provide a full range of high-quality facilities, technologies and services for our patients.
In addition to superior clinical capabilities, the Women’s Center offers something else to expectant mothers: a feeling of warmth and compassion. It is at the heart of all that we do and can be seen everywhere. Our amenities include:
- Private rooms. Maximize intimacy, minimize disruptions and help make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
- Soothing surroundings. Muted beige tones, accented with blues and greens that combine to create a tranquil environment.
- A homelike atmosphere. Comfortable, upholstered window seat for visitors.
- Immediate mother-infant bonding. We allow mothers and babies to spend time together right after delivery rather than requiring a four-hour separation, or transition period.
- Large bathrooms. Maximum ease and convenience for new and expectant mothers.
- The Newborn Channel. Free programming on baby care and postpartum topics right to your room.
- Valet parking. Convenient valet service until 9 p.m. (After 9 p.m. patients can be dropped off at the emergency center and will be brought by wheelchair to the Women’s Center.)
- 35 beautifully appointed modern labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum suites
- A special maternity unit that provides testing and monitoring – including ultrasound – during pregnancy
- Fully-equipped nurseries
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Lactation support and consultation
- Nutrition and educational guidance
- Childbirth education & infant care classes
- Spa services
- Intensive and emergency care for infants
Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital
Houston, Texas 77030
Phone: (713) 704-5437
Contact us »