Join us online every week for live Grand Rounds presented by faculty members of the Department of Pediatrics at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston and earn free Continuing Medical Education credits.
New topics are presented each week on Tuesdays from 8-9 a.m. and may be viewed online via the Internet from your home or office.
All live Grand Rounds presentations are free and provide 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Each presentation is also archived online, but CME credits are offered only for viewing live presentations.
Private physicians and nurse practitioners can access Grand Rounds via the UT Video on Demand website after setting up an account and profile. Before attempting to access the first presentation for CME credit, it is recommended that each physician set up his or her account, sign on and navigate through a few archived presentations to become familiar with the website.
- Sign-on and sign-off times are monitored electronically for each event to ensure attendance accountability.
- Upon signing into the UT Video on Demand website, the live feed for the day's event will be listed in the upper right corner of the screen under "Upcoming Events". There will be a "Launch" link beneath the live feed to begin viewing the presentation. If the presentation has already begun, the presentation link may be moved to the Pediatrics link on the left side of the page.
- Group viewing is no longer a requirement for CME credit. Physicians may view individually and receive CME credit.
- Evaluation forms can be obtained from UT Education on the day of the event by e-mailing Chanteau Ayers at Kimberlie.I.Maxcey@uth.tmc.edu.
- Evaluation forms must be submitted to UT Education on the same day as Grand Rounds to receive CME credit. These should be faxed to 713.500.5805, or scanned and e-mailed to Kimberlie.I.Maxcey@uth.tmc.edu.
- CME certificates are issued once each year in September, but special issuance may be requested for unique circumstances.
- There is no fee to register with UT and receive CME credits.
For more information on Pediatrics Grand Rounds, call (713) 500-5730.
Educational Method: Lecture
Educational Objectives: The participants should be better able to (1) summarize new research, (2) describe new developments in diagnosis and therapy of disease, public health aspects of pediatrics, psychosocial issues, and (3) identify legal/ethical aspects of pediatric care.
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 "AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM" Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: MDs, nurse practitioners and medical students.