Children's Transport Team
For patients needing critical care, increasing the chance for survival and recovery means getting the best care as quickly as possible. The Children's Transport Team at Children's Memorial Hermann provides specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services for patients from infants to adolescents around the clock, 365 days a year.
Modes of Transportation
Our transport capabilities ensure that pediatric patients admitted to local, regional, national and international hospitals can be quickly transferred to a hospital within the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System. Depending on the location and severity of the child's medical condition, the transport team will use:
- A ground ambulance service for cases up to 300 miles away
- Memorial Hermann Life Flight® air ambulance for cases up to 150 miles away
- Fixed-wing air transport worldwide
Memorial Hermann is the only Houston-based hospital system that offers this innovative service to transport pediatric patients as well as adult patients and care for them at one facility, helping to ensure all patients receive the best care from specialized physicians as soon as possible. Our Trauma and Emergency Center (EC) is the only certified Level I trauma center in the Texas Medical Center able to admit and care for patients of all ages under one roof. This provides a unique advantage for families, especially in trauma situations when multiple family members are admitted to the EC, as we are equipped to care for the entire family unit in one place.
- The Children's Transport Team is led by pediatric and neonatal intensive care physicians.
- The team routinely transports some of the most critically ill infants and premature babies including those born as early as 23 weeks' gestation and weighing as little as one pound.
- As one of only two Level I pediatric trauma centers caring for children in the Texas Gulf Coast region, as well as the only verified burn center in the city, Children's Memorial Hermann brings together a world-class team of clinicians, researchers and educators armed with the latest in research and technology to deliver comprehensive, life-saving services and 24-hour care to children in Houston and the surrounding areas.
Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital
Houston, Texas 77030
Phone: (713) 222-5437