Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital was founded in 1986 and is the primary teaching hospital for the pediatric and obstetrics/gynecology programs at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
Children's Memorial Hermann offers care in more than thirty pediatric and women's related specialties including the latest advances in maternal-fetal medicine and neonatal critical care services, and renowned programs in pediatric trauma, neurosciences, pulmonology and cardiac care. More than 37,000 children come to Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital each year.
Children Memorial Hermann Highlights
- Renowned programs in neurosciences , trauma , cardiac care and transplantation
- A dedicated pediatric emergency center and the largest level I trauma center in Houston fully equipped to treat pediatric patients
- Specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services through the Children’s Transport Team , ensuring that patients all over the region are transferred quickly and safely to Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Neonatal critical care services for infants and premature babies born as early as 23 weeks’ gestation
- One of only six organizations in the world to receive the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization’s Award for Excellence in Life Support for 2006-2008
- A team of Child Life specialists working to make each child’s healthcare experience less frightening by explaining to children what to expect during hospitalization or how to cope with the illness or injury of a family member
- Women’s services , including specialized gynecology services and maternal-fetal medicine specialists , for high-risk obstetric cases
- A Ronald McDonald House , on site to service families of patients in the pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, creating a comfortable “home away from home” environment that includes Internet service, refreshments, books, games and other services
- Numerous specialty clinics , developed to treat specific illnesses and conditions