About Children's Memorial Hermann
Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital is a 310-bed quaternary care women and children’s hospital, located in the Texas Medical Center. As a primary teaching hospital for the pediatric and obstetrics/gynecology programs with our academic partner, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth, we are committed to serving the global community. Our multidisciplinary team of affiliated doctors, nurses, therapists and other allied healthcare professionals are focused on the personalized needs of women and children with an emphasis on quality, education, outcomes, customer service and advanced research.
Click here to download the Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital fact sheet »
Children's Memorial Hermann - By The Numbers
Click the image below to view a full size printable version of our infographic:
As one of the country’s largest pediatric hospitals, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital offers colorful decor, special play areas for children and a reassuring staff trained to help take the focus off pain and illness. Education and support services for families are also available, as are services for international patients.
Serving women in the community is a top priority for us as a leading obstetric hospital, and our labor and delivery unit provides mom and baby with a full range of specialized, comfortable care, including high-risk obstetrical and neonatal care within the same facility.
Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital is:
- 76 specialty care rooms in the Women’s Center – Conveniently located within the Children’s hospital tower, the Women’s Center is only an elevator ride away from other neonatal and pediatric units.
- 116 pediatric beds – This includes our pediatric intensive care unit (PICU), pediatric specialty care unit (PIMU), general pediatrics area (including medical / surgical care), pediatric observation unit, epilepsy monitoring unit, and dedicated areas for cardiovascular and neurosurgical patients.
- 118 neonatal intensive care (NICU) beds, including Level IV and Level II beds – Level IV NICU provides the highest level of care to the most acute patients, capable of caring for babies born as early as 23 weeks. Our facility has a full range of pediatric medical and surgical specialists as well as affiliated pediatric anesthesiologists available onsite 24/7. Our hospital also facilitates neonatal and pediatric transports from community hospitals in the Greater Houston area.
One of 13 hospitals in the Memorial Hermann Health System, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital provides a unique advantage for families in our surrounding communities as our reach extends throughout the Greater Houston area. Patients are able to obtain specialized children’s health care and high-risk pregnancy services at Memorial Hermann hospitals in suburban locations as well as higher level care at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center.
- Renowned programs in neurosciences, trauma, orthopedics, cardiac care and transplantation.
- A dedicated pediatric emergency center and part of the Texas Trauma Institute – the busiest Level-1 trauma center in the country according to the National Trauma Database – CMHH and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center are capable of treating the entire family unit in one location.
- Specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services through the Children’s Transport Team, ensuring that patients all over the region are transferred quickly and safely to Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital.
- Neonatal critical care services for infants and premature babies born as early as 23 weeks’ gestation.
- One of only six organizations in the world to receive the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization’s Award for Excellence in Life Support since 2006.
- A team of Child Life specialists that work to make each child’s healthcare experience less frightening by explaining to children what to expect during hospitalization or how to cope with the illness or injury of a family member in an age-appropriate manner.
- The Women's Center at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital, which includes specialized gynecology services as well as spacious and comfortable delivery rooms, 24/7 access to affiliated high-risk pregnancy specialists, neonatologists and specially trained nurses, offering mothers-to-be the most advanced delivery services available.
- A Ronald McDonald House, onsite for families of patients in the pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, creating a comfortable “home away from home” environment that includes Internet service, refreshments, books, games and other services.
- The Fetal Center, which is a national leader in fetal diagnosis, fetal intervention and multidisciplinary coordinated care for families with a diagnosis of a congenital anomaly or genetic disorder.
- The Pediatric Brain Tumor Program, in collaboration with MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, brings together a world-class team of affiliated board-certified specialists that offer new and advanced ways to diagnose and treat a variety of childhood brain and spinal tumors.