When families come to Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, they expect to find the technological advances and healing expertise of a university-affiliated academic hospital. What continues to surprise them is the special compassion and focus on families that distinguishes us as one of the finest hospitals in the nation.
Photos by Shauna Maness Photography
Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital has been serving the community for over 20 years and is the primary teaching hospital for the pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology programs at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Our team of doctors, nurses, therapists and other allied healthcare professionals are focused on the specialized needs of women and children with an emphasis on quality, customer service and leading-edge research.
A recent facility expansion increased our capacity to 240 beds, making us one of the country’s largest pediatric hospitals. Our Women’s Center operates an additional 68 beds. The facility offers colorful decor, special play areas for children and a reassuring staff, trained to help take the focus off of pain and illness. Education and support services for families are also available, as are services for international patients.
One of 11 hospitals in the Memorial Hermann system, our reach extends throughout the greater Houston area. Patients are able to obtain specialized children’s healthcare or high-risk pregnancy services at Memorial Hermann hospitals in the suburban locations as well as higher level care at our teaching hospital, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, in the Texas Medical Center.
- Renowned programs in neurosciences , trauma , cardiac care and transplantation
- A dedicated pediatric emergency center and the largest level I trauma center in Houston fully equipped to treat pediatric patients
- Specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services through the Children’s Transport Team , ensuring that patients all over the region are transferred quickly and safely to Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Neonatal critical care services for infants and premature babies born as early as 23 weeks’ gestation
- One of only six organizations in the world to receive the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization’s Award for Excellence in Life Support for 2006-2008
- A team of Child Life specialists working to make each child’s healthcare experience less frightening by explaining to children what to expect during hospitalization or how to cope with the illness or injury of a family member
- Women’s services , including specialized gynecology services and maternal-fetal medicine specialists , for high-risk obstetric cases
- A Ronald McDonald House , on site to service families of patients in the pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, creating a comfortable “home away from home” environment that includes Internet service, refreshments, books, games and other services
- Numerous specialty clinics , developed to treat specific illnesses and conditions