The Texas Fetal Center is a leader in providing diagnosis, treatment and complete care for mothers with high-risk pregnancies and babies with congenital anomalies or genetic conditions.
The multidisciplinary team is the most experienced at providing comprehensive fetal diagnosis and intervention in the Southwest, and its members are world leaders in laser ablation in Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) — performing over 300 laser ablation cases — and performed the first fetal spina bifida repair in the region. The team is the first Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) center in Texas, and also the first in Texas to perform the Ex-utero Intrapartum Treatment (EXIT) procedure.
The center offers a complete range of prenatal testing and interventions with a coordinated program for mother and child before, during and after birth. The team of experts will develop a comprehensive plan of care including a personalized health and nutrition plan for both mom and her babies and to identify potential risk factors and early complications associated with multiples. Each consultation includes:
- Comprehensive ultrasound – an enhanced ultrasound to determine key markers for potential high risk conditions
- Genetic counseling and testing – a consultation with certified genetic counselors to determine inherited risk factors in the pregnancy
- Personalized nutritional assessment – a personalized nutrition plan created by a registered dietitian based specifically on an individual’s needs
- Maternal-fetal medicine consultation – a comprehensive assessment outlining potential complications
The Center offers the full spectrum of fetal therapies, including complex open fetal surgery and laser photocoagulation for TTTS.
UT Professional Building
6410 Fannin, Suite 210
Houston, Texas 77030
Phone: (832) 325-7288
Toll free: (888) 818-4818
Fax: (713) 383-1464
The Texas Fetal Center, located in the Texas Medical Center, is a collaboration between Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. The center is a national leader in research studies, being one of only eight centers nationally to be included in the NICHD Network. Current research includes:
- Regenerative Stem Cell Therapies
- Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
For more information about the Texas Fetal Center, please call (832) 325-7288.